Can We Talk 360 Podcast
We had an excellent podcast interview recently with my guest Dr. Thelma Carter Tennie LMFT, Certified Clinical Sexologist, and owner of the successful private practice, Dr. Thelma Tennie & Associates. Our discussion revolved around the subject of modern love. I discuss with her what unique issues couples are facing in the 21st Century and how Dr. Tennie counsels individuals on dealing with these types of challenges. Dr. Tennie also walks us through how one of the most important factors in a healthy relationship is honesty, not only with your partner, but to be honest about being your true authentic self.
Human Trafficking & Domestic Violence Summit
Let’s Talk About Sex
Dr. Thelma Tennie, LMFT – presents a fun and engaging talk on the mental and physical benefits of sex. A powerful release of hormones including oxytocin, vasopressin, dopamine, and endorphins can create mood enhancing and therapeutic effects – reducing symptoms of depression, anxiety, and thoughts of suicide in addition to many physical benefits.
- Safer sex
- Preventing unintended pregnancy
- Sexual disorders
- Sexual orientation and sexual identity
- Healthy relationships
Dr. Thelma Tennie and Associates
Youth Summit Series
South Florida Caribbean Conference Christmas Cheers for the Kids
Wes Saunders’ Sanctuary Pop-Up
Dr. Thelma Tennie joined Midia Joy and Wes Saunders for a panel discussion on building and identifying healthy relationships, building healthy boundaries, and developing self-care and coping skills.
5 Pillars of Wellbeing Panel Discussion
BOBCAT Lunch & Learn Series
Presenting Dr. Thelma Tennie: Mental Health & Wellness
- Mental Health Advocate
- Life Coach
Nov. 10, 2021
Dooner Hall 201
The Association of Black Sexologists and Clinicians
Dr. Thelma Tennie has been accepted to present for The Association of Black Sexologists and Clinicians in their upcoming Spring Roundtable Series in St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The event will be held on Monday April 26 – Tuesday 27 2021.
This will be the sixth annual roundtable held to discuss the exploration of sexuality and wellness experience of people of African descent.
You do not have to be in St. Thomas to attend the event.
For more information, please visit the ABSC Eventbright registration page.
Self-Care for the Modern Woman
Join us on International Women’s Day, March 8 at 12:00PM as we indulge in a little “Self-Care for the Modern Woman” and learn effective mental health techniques and coping strategies from:
- Dr. Thelma Tennie – founder of the Healing Arts Institute of South Florida
- Dr. Maria Gorelick – Medical Director at Henderson Behavioral Health
- Dr. Marsha Brown – licensed psychologist in private practice who specializes in teaching stress reduction to improve mental health, work performance, and quality of life. Dr. Brown also hosts the podcast, “The Self-Care Chronicle.”
National Alliance on Mental Illness – Broward County
Wednesday, February 10th 7:00PM EST
Join me on ZOOM as we discuss:
- Prevalence of Mental Health Disorders in Black Communities
- Tips on How to End Mental Health Stigma
- How to Seek Culturally Competent Care
- Questions to ask a Therapist Before Starting Therapy