The Association of Black Sexologists and Clinicians
Dr. Thelma Tennie has been accepted to present for The Association of Black Sexologists and Clinicians in their upcoming Spring Roundtable Series in St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The event will be held on Monday April 26 – Tuesday 27 2021.
This will be the sixth annual roundtable held to discuss the exploration of sexuality and wellness experience of people of African descent.
You do not have to be in St. Thomas to attend the event.
For more information, please visit the ABSC Eventbright registration page.
Self-Care for the Modern Woman
Join us on International Women’s Day, March 8 at 12:00PM as we indulge in a little “Self-Care for the Modern Woman” and learn effective mental health techniques and coping strategies from:
- Dr. Thelma Tennie – founder of the Healing Arts Institute of South Florida
- Dr. Maria Gorelick – Medical Director at Henderson Behavioral Health
- Dr. Marsha Brown – licensed psychologist in private practice who specializes in teaching stress reduction to improve mental health, work performance, and quality of life. Dr. Brown also hosts the podcast, “The Self-Care Chronicle.”
National Alliance on Mental Illness – Broward County
Wednesday, February 10th 7:00PM EST
Join me on ZOOM as we discuss:
- Prevalence of Mental Health Disorders in Black Communities
- Tips on How to End Mental Health Stigma
- How to Seek Culturally Competent Care
- Questions to ask a Therapist Before Starting Therapy